Failure to disclose all material information (i.e. information likely to influence the assessment and acceptance of your Proposal) or providing false information could result in one or more of the following actions:
- your policy being cancelled;
- your policy being treated as null and void;
- a claim not being paid;
- claims paid being recovered from you;
- you become liable for additional premiums which the insurer reserves the rights to collect;
- Terms and Conditions of the policy being amended.
You are only eligible for a quote and cover if:
- In respect of the property being insured, you and anyone living in the home, in the last three years have:(i) Not made more than one household insurance or liability claim (whether the claim was covered by the policy or not)(ii) Not made a claim totaling more than €5,000(iii) No open claim
- You and anyone living in the home have never been refused insurances, had a policy cancelled by an Insurer or had any special terms, restrictions or conditions imposed by any Insurer.
- You and anyone living in the home have never been convicted or received a caution from the Gardaí or have a prosecution pending for any criminal offence (other than motoring offences for speeding or parking).
- At least 90% of the buildings are built of brick, stone or concrete and roofed with slates, tiles or other incombustible materials. If the buildings are timber frame (not timber built) the outer leaf is built of brick, stone or concrete.
- The buildings are not listed or the subject of preservation order and are not a castle, mansion, thatched property, wind and water mill or working farm.
- No more than 20% of the roof of the buildings is flat.
- The buildings are maintained in a good state of repair and free from any signs of external or internal cracks other than fine surface cracks in plaster.
- The home should not be left unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days in any one year.
- The buildings are not used for business or commercial purposes other than as a home office that is limited to dealing with paperwork, phone calls and a computer.
- The buildings have never suffered damage through flood nor is there a history of such damage in the area and are not within 100 metres of any lake, river, stream, canal, sea, or any other body of water.
- The buildings show no signs of damage which may be attributable to subsidence, heave or landslip.
- The buildings have never been monitored for subsidence heave or landslip nor have they ever been subject to a survey which mentions settlement or movement of the premises nor have they ever been underpinned.
- The home is occupied and is not undergoing renovation or refurbishment or in the process of being built.
- If the home is Let, the term of the lease is at least 6 months and the leaseholder is in full time employment or is a parent caring for children on a full time basis.