As a valued 123.ie Home Insurance customer we've put together some simple tips to keep you and your family safe at home this winter.
- Keep your home heated during cold spells to avoid freezing.
- Find out where the stop valve is for your water supply so, if you do get a burst pipe, you save time by knowing where it is.
- Insulate pipes and your water tank. This could help avoid freezing pipes.
- Check your roof and gutters. Don’t wait until the next downpour to discover a leak.
- Take heed of flood warnings and make a plan.
- Check your smoke alarms.
- If you are away ask a neighbour to keep an eye on your property and redirect your post.
- Don't leave spare sets of keys outside your home, thieves know all the hiding places too!
And remember if the worst happens and you need to make a claim on your Home Insurance policy, our Claims Team can be contacted 24 hours a day at 1890 200 123.