If Someone Is Injured
- Check for injuries, starting with yourself and then the remaining passengers in your car.
- Don’t move any injured parties unless they are in immediate danger from oncoming vehicles.
- Call the emergency services, providing as much detail about the car crash as you can such as the location of the car crash, number of people and vehicles involved and injuries sustained.
Exchanging Motoring Details
- Do not accept responsibility for the accident.
- Take note of the following:
- Names, addresses and phone numbers
- The address of the owner of the vehicle you are driving if it’s not your car
- Motor insurance company names and numbers
- Motor insurance policy numbers
- Driver's license numbers
- Vehicle’s registration numbers
- Car’s year, make, model and colour
- Keep a record of the name, address and phone number of any witnesses.
- Notify the local Garda station immediately (where damage to property only is involved the Garda will not usually attend the accident scene)
- Where possible take photographs or sketch the accident scene noting the position of the vehicles involved.
- Notify Us immediately at (01) 290 1999