You have two options when adding a driver to your policy, you can add the driver permanently which is up until your next renewal date or you can add the driver temporarily which is for a maximum of 30 days in the policy year.
You will need to contact our Customer Care team with the following information.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Type of driving licence and years held
- If driving test sat in Ireland/UK
- Relationship to you
- Penalty points and dates
- Details of claims including dates and amounts
- Details of any convictions
- Medical conditions
The driver will also have to answer some qualifying questions.
- The driver does not currently hold a PSV licence
- The driver is currently resident in the Republic of Ireland (if you want to add the driver permanently to the policy)
- The driver has never been refused insurance or renewal of insurance of any kind or had special or unusual terms applied to a motor policy or had a motor insurance policy cancelled by an insurer
- The driver has never been disqualified from driving, never had any endorsement on their driving licence nor had any fixed charge applied
- The driver has never been convicted of any motoring or non motoring offences of any nature, nor have they any convictions or prosecutions pending.
- Can you confirm the driver holds a current driving licence
Depending on all the information provided to us there could be an additional premium and we may or may not be able to offer a quote.
We will also require a copy of the front and back of the driver’s licence which can be sent to us by;