You have two options when adding a driver to your policy, you can add the driver permanently which is up until your next renewal date or you can add the driver temporarily which is for a maximum of 30 days in the policy year.
You will need to contact our Customer Care team with the following information.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Type of driving licence and years held
- Relationship to you
- Penalty points and dates
- Details of claims including dates and amounts
- Details of any convictions
- Medical conditions
The driver will also have to answer some qualifying questions.
- The driver is resident in the Republic of Ireland
- The driver has never been refused insurance or renewal of insurance
- The driver has never been disqualified from driving, never had any endorsements on their driving licence nor had any fixed charge applied
- The driver has never been convicted of any motoring or non-motoring offences of any nature nor have they any convictions or prosecutions pending
Depending on all the information provided to us there could be an additional premium and we may or may not be able to offer a quote.
We will also require a copy of the front and back of the driver’s licence which can be sent to us by;