If you would like to change the car that is insured on your policy, you will need to contact our Customer Care team on 01 524 6029.
When you call, we will need to confirm the following details regarding the new car:
- Make & model
- Exact style of the car
- Exact engine capacity
- Body type (saloon, hatchback, coupe etc.)
- Value of the car
- Any security features (alarm, immobiliser or tracking device)
- Details of any modifications
The car will have to meet certain criteria in order to be put on cover. If you are looking at purchasing a new car you will need to make sure that the following are all true:
- The vehicle is a private car and will not be used for commercial travelling
- The vehicle is owned by you and registered to you, your legally married spouse, civil partner or legally recognised co-habiting partner
- You are the main driver of the vehicle
- The vehicle is a right hand drive
Depending on the car details, we may not be able to offer the same level of cover and we may require further documentation in relation to the car.
If cover is confirmed on a UK registered vehicle you will need to contact us once you have re-registered the vehicle. If we don’t receive the Irish registration details within 30 days from transferring your insurance a cancellation notice may be issued.
You can contact our Customer Care team who will be able to advise you if there is any increase or decrease in your premium. Any additional cost will need to be paid before we can cover your new car.
Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply.