Skip to main content

My Policy Cover

Is accidental damage covered under my buildings insurance?

For Home Insurance Customers

Accidental Damage to buildings comes as standard on our owner occupied and holiday home policies that include buildings cover. It is not included on Landlord Insurance.

Incidents such as accidentally putting your foot through the ceiling in the attic or unintentionally hammering a nail through a pipe in the wall would be covered. For full details of cover, limits and exclusions please refer to your policy pack, which was issued to you when you purchased or renewed your policy. Our current policy booklet can be found here.

Remember that your buildings cover takes into account all fixtures and fittings within your home including your fitted kitchen and fitted wardrobes.


Have we answered your question?

We are always interested in improving our service.

Do you have any feedback you'd like to give us?