Skip to main content

My Policy Cover

Is accidental damage covered under my contents insurance?

For Home Insurance Customers

Accidental damage for contents is an optional extra available on our Home Insurance policies. This can be added on, for an additional premium, when setting up or renewing your policy or within your 14 day cooling-off period. This optional extra cannot be added to Landlord Insurance policies.

Incidents such as knocking a television from a wall bracket or unintentionally spilling paint on your sofa would be covered.

For full details of cover, limits and exclusions please refer to your policy pack, which was issued to you when you purchased or renewed your policy. Our current policy booklet can be found here.

If you have included accidental damage to contents on your policy it will be noted in the policy cover details on your insurance schedule.


Have we answered your question?

We are always interested in improving our service.

Do you have any feedback you'd like to give us?