Your named driving experience is the number of years you have been driving claims-free on another policy.
Your named driving experience must be:
- Consecutive (i.e. no gaps in cover)
- Earned within the last 3 months
- Earned within Ireland or the UK
- Earned on a private car
Named driving experience is not automatically issued, you will need to request this from each insurer you were with. If you were a named driver on multiple policies or the policyholder changed insurance company while you were named, you will need to get proof of your named driving experience from each insurer.
As you get your named driving experience letter(s), you can send them to us by:
- Uploading it online using MyAccount (Telematics) or the 123 Customer Portal (All other Car Insurance).
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have received this (along with any other outstanding documents) and everything is in order, we will send your insurance cert & disc to you.
You will have 10 days from the start of your policy to get the documents to us. If we have not received them by then, a cancellation notice will be issued.
If you were named on a company car or a motor fleet policy, please click here for more information.