A breakdown service mechanic will be with you shortly. A car breakdown will happen to most people at some point or another during their driving career, so try not to worry. 7 in 10 call outs result in a fix, so hopefully you will be back on the road in no time!
Some tips while you wait
On General Roads
- Try to pull off the road and park in a safe place.
- Put a warning triangle on the road at least 45 metres (147 feet) behind your broken down vehicle on the same side of the road. Always take care when putting a warning triangle behind your vehicle. Never use a warning triangle on a motorway. Keep your sidelights on if it is dark or visibility is poor.
- Lock the doors while you wait for assistance.
On the Motorway
- Before you re-join the motorway after a breakdown, build up speed on the hard shoulder and watch for a safe gap in the traffic.
- If you're traveling alone and feel at risk, you may want to wait in the front passenger seat with the doors locked.
- Keep pets safe in the car or, in an emergency, keep them under proper control on the verge.
- Keep passengers away from the motorway and keep children under control.
- Get out of your car on the passenger side.
- Keep your sidelights on if it is dark or visibility is poor.
- Switch on your hazard warning lights.
- Try to stop near an emergency phone.
- Turn your front wheels towards the hard shoulder.
- Pull onto the hard shoulder as far away from the inside lane as possible. Be aware that other vehicles may have stopped on the hard shoulder.
If there's anything else you may need, please feel free to give us a call on the numbers below.
Breakdown Assistance - 1850 887 992
Customer Care - 01 524 6000
(Open Mon-Fri 8am-6.30pm & Sat 10am-4pm)