Particular care is needed when driving during the Winter months. Be aware of the basic precautions you can take to help avoid the extra hazards at this time of year.
• Never drink and drive. Alcohol does affect your driving.
• If roads are icy, do not make the journey unless it is essential.
• Make sure that there is clear vision through all windows before setting off.
• Check tyres for baldness and ensure that they are inflated to the correct pressure.
• Lower your speed to take account of the road and weather conditions.
• Always keep your distance from the car in front.
• Jogging, walking, cycling - be seen at night - wear reflective arm or body bands.
• Always use a front and rear light when cycling at night.