Skip to main content

Making a Change to my Policy

I have purchased a UK registered car. Can I transfer my insurance?

For Car Insurance Customers

If you would like to change the car that is insured on your policy to a UK registered vehicle, you will need to contact our customer care team on 01 5246029.

Once we have taken the details of the car we will then let you know if it is ok to cover.

If cover is confirmed on the UK registration you will need to contact us once you have re-registered the vehicle.

If we don’t receive the Irish registration details within 30 days from transferring your insurance a cancellation notice may be issued.

When you call, we will need to confirm the following details regarding the new car 

  • Registration
  • Make & Model
  • Exact style of the car
  • Exact engine capacity
  • Body Type (Saloon, hatchback, coupe etc.)
  • Any security features (alarm, immobiliser or tracking device)
  • Details of any modifications

 The car will have to meet certain criteria in order to be put on cover. If you are looking at purchasing a new car you will need to make sure that the following are all true: 

  • The vehicle is a private car and will not be used for commercial travelling
  • The vehicle is owned by you and registered to you, your legally married spouse, civil partner or legally recognised co-habiting partner
  • You are the main driver of the vehicle
  • The vehicle is a right hand drive

Depending on the car details, we may not be able to offer the same level of cover and we may require further documentation in relation to the car.

You can contact our Customer Care team who will be able to advise you if there is any increase or decrease in your premium. Any additional cost will need to be paid before we can cover your new car.

Acceptance criteria, terms and conditions apply. 

Was this article helpful?

We love your feedback, please suggest how we could improve this information?