If you are moving house, you will need to cancel the current policy and set up a new policy for your new home. Unlike Car Insurance, it is not possible to transfer your Home Insurance from one property to another.
To cancel your current Home Insurance policy simply call us and let us know the date you want it cancelled from. If there is more than one name on the policy, we will need a written request signed by both proposers confirming the date you want to cancel the policy from.
You can send this to us by:
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax on 01 524 6090
- Post to 123.ie, RSA House, Dundrum Town Centre, Sandyford Road, Dundrum, Dublin 16
If you are emailing this to us it will need to come from the email address on your policy and be registered in your own name.
Once this is received we will cancel the policy.
- The set up fee is non-refundable.
- If you are cancelling outside your 14 day cooling off period you will be charged a €25 cancellation fee
- You will be charged for the number of days on cover.
- If you pay by direct debit, the service charge is non-refundable if we have applied for the first instalment.
You will not be charged a cancellation fee if you are setting up your new home policy with us.
Note: If you had a claim during the insurance year no refund will be due.
If you hold a policy for a let property or holiday home with 123.ie and you are moving home, you can give us the details of your new address by phone on 01 524 6029 or email at email@example.com and we can update your postal address.