If you or any other driver are involved in an accident, you need to contact our Claims Team immediately on 1890 200 123.
Once the claims process has started your claims handler will look after your case and will contact you with any updates.
Remember, if someone is claiming from your policy, their insurance company or solicitor may send correspondence to you directly. You do not need to do anything except forward this to your claims handler
Here are our lists of Do’s & Don’ts to make things easier for you.
- Report the accident to the Gardaí
- Take photographs of any damage caused to both cars and their location on the road
- Gather as much information as possible such as:
- Registration numbers
- The attending Garda’s information
- Contact information for the other driver(s) and any witnesses
- Insurance details for anyone involved
- Admit liability or agree that you were at fault
- Move your vehicle unless it is safe and legal to do so
- Leave the scene until the Gardaí have arrived if there is personal injury involved
- Organise repairs for your own vehicle until you contact our Claims Team